Circuit Overload Causes Toaster Fire in Virginia, Minnesota, Home?
You never know when a home appliance will short circuit and cause fire damage to your Virginia, Minnesota home. Our local Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties teams offer these tips from our website for things you can and should not do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After a Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator and prop the doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the HVAC filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
What NOT To Do After a Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Virginia, Minnesota, has fire damage, our team in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.