Spring Flood Preparedness Tips for Floodwood Residents?
The small bedroom community of Floodwood is situated at the junction of the East Savanna River and the Saint Louis River. Our local Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties teams respond to storm damage emergencies every year. The City of Floodwood website urges residents to be prepared for spring flooding due to the above-average snowfall last winter.
Here are some flash flood safety tips from the National Weather Service:
- During periods of heavy rains, stay away from flood-prone areas such as stream beds, drainage ditches, and culverts
- Move to higher ground if flooding threatens your area
- If you live or work in flood-prone areas, remain alert during periods of heavy rain
- Be especially cautious at night as it is harder to recognize flood dangers
- Never drive your car into water of unknown depth. Most flash flood deaths occur when people drive their vehicles into flood waters. Remember: Turn Around Don’t Drown!
- If your vehicle stalls, abandon it immediately and seek higher ground. Flood water may rise quickly, cover the vehicle, and sweep it away.
- Stay out of flooded areas. The water may still be rising and very swift. A rapidly flowing stream can sweep you off your feet and sweep your vehicle downstream.
Call Us Today!
When you discover flood damage in your Floodwood home or commercial business, our local team in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.