How Can I Prevent Water Damage in My Aitkin Home?
Our teams in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties mitigate and remediate water damage every year in Aitkin. Here are some tips from the Institute for Business and Home Safety to prevent water damage:
- Never pour grease down the drain
- Plant trees away from lateral drain lines to prevent roots from damaging piping
- If your home’s sewer system is connected to the city’s sewer system, a particular problem for older homes, or if you are located downhill or below street level, contact a plumbing professional to install a backflow prevention assembly into your sewer system
- Call a professional if you notice signs of a plumbing problem
- An increased monthly water bill
- Banging pipes
- Rust stains
- Moisture in the walls or on the floor
- Signs of wet soil erosion near the foundation
Water damage restoration process
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
Call Us Today!
We are Here to Help ® when you have a water damage problem in your home or commercial business in Aitkin. We’ll restore your water damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.