Aitkin, Carlton and W St Louis Counties including Proctor Residents
Disaster Readiness, Response and Recovery
Accidents happen everyday and if you are not prepared for it, accidents can turn into disasters. If you have a plan made for emergency situations, it will help you to respond quickly reducing the damages that can occur.
The house pictured had an emergency due to a rodent smoke bomb set off under the porch. Something went wrong and a fire started. SERVPRO came prepared to clean it up with our Certified Technicians and Solutions. The crew assessed all damages as a result of the accidental fire. We then properly cleaned all the affected areas being cautious to avoid cross contamination to non-affected areas.
Tips to being Prepared for Emergencies
- Make a first aid kit and be sure your family knows the location.
- Make a safety supply kit with items you may need such as batteries, flashlight and personal items in case of an evacuation.
- Discuss and plan the details with family members including children.
- Choose escape routes from various locations in the house.
- Decide on a safe meeting spot once out of the house or area of danger.
- Keep emergency numbers handy to start preparing for loss recovery.
- Add SERVPRO to your emergency contact list.