Be Fire Prepared
Having a plan can be the matter of life and death in a fire. Here are some of the steps you could take to make your fire safety plan.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the business. Test the batteries regularly.
- Make sure your building number is visible from the street even at night.
- Have a fire extinguisher and know how to use it.
- Use flashlights instead of candles if the power goes out.
- Use the Stop Drop and Roll method if your clothes start on fire.
- Call 911.
- Practice escaping from the building regularly.
- Meet at your safe spot to check in.