Lawnmower Fire in Garage
At this location, the lawnmower started on fire in the garage causing severe damages to the whole garage and its contents. SERVPRO went in and loaded up all the debris into the trailer and disposed of it for the owner. The crew scrubbed the floor, walls and ceiling and put poly up on the ceiling. Salvageable belongings were brought back to the shop and cleaned before returning to the homeowner.
To avoid a lawnmower fire:
- Be sure to allow the machine to cool off before putting back in the garage or shed.
- Be sensitive to the smell of gasoline and inspect for leaks if you can smell it.
- Replace the fuel line every year or two.
- Watch your oil level. Add if low.
- Use the machines existing fuel shutoff valve.